Friday 16 September 2016

About Me


My name is Sophie Jay

I am currently a student at JFS school, studying media studies at A level, and this is my media blog.
I chose media studies as i love watching films and i hope one day to be a part of  this field of work. By choosing this subject i hope to widen my knowledge about how films are produced and about the work that is put into it in order to make the film as effective as possible to the audience, Additionally, we will learn lots of techniques such as editing and filming which will also be great skills to have in the future.

I like watching a wide range of films, however i would say that my favourite genre is horror/thriller. I like this genre as it is more fun to watch due to the constant build up of suspense and the way that there is always something unexpected to make you jump, i find this more exciting as the films always make you watch (even if you don't want to), whereas in a romance, you can often guess the plot and get bored easily. An example of a horror film that i enjoy watching is The Conjuring as it is based on a true story, and has many features to give you a rush of adrenaline.

I enjoy watching Tv series in the drama and crime genre, my two favourite at the moment are Greys Anatomy and White Collar, as they always have a great story line, constantly leaving you with suspense from the cliff hangers. The way the characters are portrayed are so realistic and very fun to watch

I am more open to different genres of music, as i like and listen to a wide variety of songs and artists from current songs in the pop genre such as Cold water - by Justin bieber to songs by Amy Winehouse in the Jazz genre. I listen to music everyday  and am always open to new song suggestions.




Image result for amy winehouse albumsImage result for the conjuring

No comments:

Post a Comment